Following The Honourable Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley’s post Cabinet briefing on Monday 16th March 2020, where further measures were announced to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19, the Bankers Association of Trinidad & Tobago (BATT) wishes to reassure customers that banks are working with the Government and its stakeholders to continue to provide safe and reliable services to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The public is therefore advised of the following safeguard measures to protect the health and safety of customers, staff and community:
• The banks will be observing social distancing practices as advised by health care officials. As such, banks may manage the number of customers being serviced in the banking halls at any one time.
• Banks encourage customers who are displaying flu-like symptoms to avoid visiting the banking halls or bringing children to the banking halls.
• If you must visit a Branch, you should avoid physical contact with persons and limit your contact with surfaces within the public spaces.
• Reduce your in-branch transactions and utilize digital and electronic channels
• Bank online or via telephone by contacting your Bank’s Call Center
• Use your Bank’s conveniently located ATM machines
• Customers are encouraged to use their debit and credit cards when making transactions, thereby minimizing the handling of cash.
BATT is committed to providing continuous updates to members of the public and to take action to reduce the risk of COVID-19 spread to our customers and staff at this time.
Let’s all work together to protect ourselves, our communities and our country!