The Bankers Association of Trinidad & Tobago (BATT) is appealing to the public to adhere to the public health guidelines regarding social distancing and slowing the spread of COVID-19 by handling your finances remotely – explore all your bank’s secure digital solutions all from your web browser.
Customers who may not have online or mobile banking services, can use the opportunity to sign up for these services by calling their bank’s contact centre. This will help with respect to adhering to the national call for social distancing practices.
Maintain your social distance with the following tips using your bank’s secure digital solutions:
- Reduce your in-branch transactions – use your Bank’s conveniently located ATM machines across the nation for cash deposits and withdrawals. You can visit your bank’s website to find a nearby machine.
- Minimize your outdoor errands by using online banking.
Online banking allows you to manage your accounts through your desktop or mobile devices.
You can typically perform tasks such as:
- Transferring funds to persons/companies both locally and internationally
- Paying bills, credit cards, etc
- Checking your account balances any time of the day.
- Customers are encouraged to use their debit and credit cards when making transactions, thereby minimizing the handling of cash.
- Speak to your Bank’s representative via the Bank’s ‘Contact Centre’: Should you wish to enquire about your bank accounts or recent account activity, you can hold for an operator who will be able to answer any questions you may have.
If you have to visit the bank to conduct a transaction that cannot be done online and is deemed urgent, BATT is appealing that customers follow the social distancing instructions given by your banks, which is guided by the national guidelines, while waiting to enter the banking halls.
This is in an effort to flatten the curve of COVID-19, as well as keep you, our customers and staff safe, while providing the public with the best possible service.
We hope that you take advantage of these easy and convenient services.
Let’s all work together to protect ourselves, our communities and our country.